Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Gamer Stuff

Sorry for the dry spell. I have been busy getting a job, working on a TON of art, trying to reconcile four (count 'em, FOUR) separate stories, and assisting my dad in his Cabinetmaking.

I actually had a rant ready, but as I wrote it, I realized I disagreed with myself halfway through. XD Nothing like thinking something through and changing your mind once you place all the elements out on paper. I have been re-thinking it since, and I'll be putting up a new rant very soon. The world of gaming is shifting, and I'm not so thrilled with some of the directions.

To tide you over, here are some mini-rants about my dearest, beloved Final Fantasy VII:

1. WHAT ON EARTH are they doing to Reeve in DoC?? If they kill him off, I will be a very, very unhappy bird. It's one thing to kill a character within the original game, but now? Eight years after? When I've had a LOT of time to become attached to the characters who remained alive? Nuu. Do not, repeat, DO NOT kill Reeve. Please, someone, tell me it isn't so. Of course, this is based on a trailer, so maybe I'm reading too much into it. I just hope I am.

2. Why is there another delay on FF7:AC? Honestly? There comes a point where delays cease to make people want the item more and instead make fans irritated. I can even see delays early on, but two weeks before the supposed release date? Grrr.

3. Reeve TUESTI? What the heck kind of name is THAT?

4. Note to EGM: I have a subscription to your magazine for a reason. I like receiving the issues sealed, pretty, and in good condition. Why in the name of every god did you slap a non-removable, 3" round, YELLOW ADVERTISEMENT STICKER over half the beautiful image on the cover?? I save my issues, thank you very much, and I look forward to getting copies that aren't damaged. It took me a while to realize the pic on the cover was Cloud holding KADAJ and not TIFA, since everyone wears black and the ENTIRE UPPER BODY of the person in Cloud's arms was covered by said yellow sticker. Feh. I am very disappointed. Why spend all that money to have such a beautiful image printed on the cover if you're going to cover it up anyway? It's bad enough that I get those stupid 'fake' covers that are just ads glued to the spine of the mag.

So see? I can still rant. XD Next time I discuss games, I promise I'll have some more intelligent things to say about games, the politics surrounding them, and why Mr. Schwarzenegger has severely disappointed me.

No comments: